
Babalu Aye.

Don't ask don't tell.

Alex Castle as a dead confederate soldier-turned-maid.

A handsome gay soldier and his half-bride half-groom. People liked Alex's costume so much that a whole restaurant applauded him as we walked by. And a lot of straight men leered. And some fellow came up and told him "Wow man. Top five." I told that guy that the gender split went right down the crotch, and then the guy wanted to see.
At the CalArts Halloween party, Alex had to pay some $45 to get in. I deduced it was overpriced by maybe $35. We didn't even drink that value in alcohol together while there. Alex made up for it though by being the life of the party. I would point at any random guy and he'd run up and slap their ass and then run away. It was really liberating. I would select any one of my many straight-guy crushes and watch them get groped. I was worried my Babalu Aye costume looked like an overwrought excuse to pretend to hurt myself. Some of those wounds are real though. I couldn't get the make-up open, and in my frustration, began to stratch myself up with it.


No comments:
Post a Comment