Sunday, November 12, 2006

tagteaming.

I continue to put myself in bad situations. Yesterday, on the way to a poetry reading in downtown LA, my car ran out of gas. Then, some hunky 35 year-old men offered to push it to the gas station for me. I insisted that I could push it myself, but as one fellow's bicep slipped out of his sleeve, I surely made way. I lingered after the poetry reading, talking to this fellow in my writing class who looks kind of like a tortoise and told me he's never had sex. He's really fun though. I lingered even longer, and no one else spoke to me. Pretty soon, everyone there was planning out dinner together, and I, not invited, continued to stand there. I ate the rest of a sandwich alone in my car, then drove to a bar where I was supposed to meet friends. I apparently lost my driver's license. The friendly lady at the door checking everyone's IDs would say the goofiest things to each approaching bargoer. After she found out I forgot mine, I didn't even deserve a smile from her. I decided my day was "ironic," not in the real sense, but in an Alanis Morissette "rain on your wedding day" sort of way.

Alex [ex-boyfriend, not Alex Castle] and I will be living together starting January. I won't continue to let myself live (or is this living?) on campus. I spoke to the assistant director of housing—manic Texan woman who wants you to think she's young and hip by dressing like she's 18 and on birth control, when really, she's on the brink of divorce and most likely can't quit her lover on the side—she said I could only move out before the end of the contract (May 2007) if I have extenuation circumstances. She read them to me: death, illness, getting kicked out of school, graduating, financial hardship, or marriage. "Marriage?" I responded alarmedly. "I'm gay. I can't get married." And then I paused for a second and then looked away and then back at her wide-eyedly, and said, "but I am married. To a guy. We were just married." And then she said I "might have a case." Who knew I'd have to use the gay marriage card to get out of my dorm. A few days ago, Anna Oxygen heard this story and basically proposed to me. First my idol, then my schoolmate, now my wife? Eep. "I do."

My congressional district still hasn't been decided. Dykish Republican incumbent Heather Wilson, the only veteran congresswoman ever, faces Patricia Madrid, unpolitical and perfectly capturing the Spanish local color. How could they come within a thousand-vote margin? Heather Wilson isn't a lesbian at all, in case you were thinking something positive there. She doesn't even support lesbians; Patricia does.

I've been seeing this fellow for the past week. I told my friend Dave about it, and he said "Joey? The same Joey I used to be friends with?" And then I looked puzzledly at him and then looked away and then back at him and suddenly yelped "Ohhhh nooo." And only then did it occur to me: There was this guy two years ago I talked to on the internet and then on the phone. He seemed perfectly wonderful for the first four hours of conversation. Then, we spoke of religion, and he found out I wasn't a fundamentalist Catholic (Who knew? They exist.) and suddenly didn't want to have anything to do with me. Then, I told Dave, whom the guy and I had deduced was a mutual friend, and he was surprised to hear that the guy, his friend, was religious. Dave confronted him, and they ended up not staying friends. And now, two years later, I've been seeing him. I think I'm just not going to say anything and see how long it can last like that. One day I'll come home from picking up our child from school and he'll look at me and say: "Oh em gee. It's over." And I'll have to incessantly visit a Catholic boarding school every autumn and spring for the following fifteen years.

I'm feeling like I rushed into grad school. Should I go part-time two semesters and delay my graduation until 2010?

Friday night we went tagging. Alex Castle made a cool stencil, and we participated like a team. A tag team?


I sprayed this one. I figured the MOCA shows contemporary art, so why not display some there?

?
I wanted to make something of my own... (On the right.) I'm really bad at this, but I wanted to "post a bill."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NBA megastars put on with your proper rights In my view, the Red Wings have all the talent and leadership on the ice to win the Stanley Cup, but it a kid game now and should the Red Wings get involved in long series in the first two rounds, they will have old tired legs for the drive stretch In addition, the lens also appeared as the bush will buy players thrown, David Beckham struggled to run the ball, volleys figureThe standard period is at the half-way phase as well as as well as the beating defense in Pittsburgh, the week nine illustrates include the AFC East conflict between the Buffalo Bills as well as the New York Jets as well as the league just unbeaten group, the Green Bay Packers, at the San Diego Chargers?Football several weeks are entirely gear and nothing comapres to praising the summer season, supporting your team or showing your desire for the sport, like Nfl jerseys Academic requirements include compulsory English 12 or U, or skills assessment, or equivalent Ferguson might not be immediately enabled Fletcher, following the Scots skipped the whole summer time to organize, whether it's health or competitive condition still have to adjust and recover
The e-mail is distributed in h website which makes more profit Many of us great deals excellent, Admirers put on style and design jerseys on the web to be a assertion in relation to that workforce many people origin with regard to, plus usually receive his or her favored player's identify to the back againThe offense player from the flag football team also needs to have the ability to break for the sidelines soon after catching the ball Basic education is a must for all and sundry whereas a handful of students can avail higher education and the list goes on Documents with sexual harassment lawyers show that NFL people have had a fair share of sexual harassment instances towards them in the earlier
If you have to give a gift to more than one person at a time,like a pair of brothers,you can easily double up and get everyone the right present without making an extra trip The same scene is played out all across the country as people gather around the television to watch their favorite professional football teams go head to head in the heat of competition To get your hands on an authentic NFL jersey is not really an easy thingIt wont be hard for the Steelers to scheme against Tebow on defense I always say to my managers, when they come in with a new idea show me the numbers D (up/down) / D (along) The notation for the gradient is -gt; Mab = the gradient of line ab! The basic formula for the gradient is; Y1-y2 / x2-x1 Example: Find the gradient of line AB, where A = (2,4) and B = (5,9) M = b1-b2 / a1-a2 = 4-9 / 2-5 =-5 / -3 = 1 Avoid the confusion

[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/johnathan-joseph-jersey-cheap]Johnathan Joseph Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/london-fletcher-jersey-elite-c-6_44.html]london fletcher nike jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/london-fletcher-jersey-elite-c-6_44.html]London Fletcher Jersey[/url]

Anonymous said...

click HMQbnkXN [URL=http://www.replica-handbags2013.com/]designer replica handbags[/URL] , just clicks away eJkkhedB [URL=http://www.replica-handbags2013.com/ ] http://www.replica-handbags2013.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

cheap YCyJUPvZ [URL=http://www.uggs-outlet2013.com/]uggs outlet store[/URL] for gift emHKURQI [URL=http://www.uggs-outlet2013.com/ ] http://www.uggs-outlet2013.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

best for you GAacghCB [URL=http://www.spyder-jackets2013.com/]spyder jackets[/URL] and check coupon code available epySIEDX [URL=http://www.spyder-jackets2013.com/ ] http://www.spyder-jackets2013.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

purchase [URL=http://www.guccioutlet8.yolasite.com/ - gucci outlet online[/URL - for more pYavfcqQ [URL=http://www.guccioutlet8.yolasite.com/ - http://www.guccioutlet8.yolasite.com/ [/URL -

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the best for you [URL=http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/]gucci outlet[/URL] and check coupon code available MYABjTah [URL=http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/ ] http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

click to view [URL=http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/]gucci online shop[/URL] suprisely oQYFDowR [URL=http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/ ] http://guccioutlet6.devhub.com/ [/URL]