I've been growing increasingly interested in YouTube lately, since it seems like one of the more truly democratic ways of having a chance to show something you've made. In reality though, it's mostly a bunch of bored/boring 14 year-olds filming themselves mouthing along to Kelly Clarkson songs. A parody by Alanis Morissette of "My Humps" was the most popular video on YouTube for the past few days. She makes a song with lines like "Whatcha gonna do with all that junk?" sound overwhelmingly melancholic. At the same time, in the video she's romping around looking like a hoe with men touching her boobs and spanking her butt. What a missed opportunity! Just like her song "Ironic" isn't actually ironic, this video didn't hit the spot like it could have. Her croon was meant for something more profound. So, I decided I'd be like the typical YouTuber and make my own video for her song. I chose 9/11 footage.
Footage from my Home Depot project has been added to their respective blog entries. If you'd like to view the whole project in its entirety, go here: http://torrential.us/homedepot.htm
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
"my humps" 9/11 tribute.
Posted by
Stephen van Dyck
at
4:21 AM
Categories: art projects in progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment